The 5 minute Annual Sales Conference
Posted by Presentation Skills on December 10, 2009
Keep you team and audience interested at the next sales conference by insisting that every person presenting does a lightning talk. These are the instructions:
1. Maximum time allowed: 5 min + Q&A time (time set by you)
2. Slides: Every speaker has 20 slides (no more; no less)
3. Slide transition: Slides automatically move on after 15 seconds (slides cannot be repeated or returned too)
4. No logos on the screen (we know who you work for!)
5. Lights in room stay turned on.
What is the result:
1. Speakers who focus in on their message
2. Speakers who do not waffle
3. Speaker who know their material because they cannot read the slides
4. Audience members who can remain awake through what would otherwise be boring presentations
5. Shorter and more enjoyable presentations
This is how lightning talks work. http://vimeo.com/7021316
Will this work for sales conferences? YES. You just need to be in tune with your message.
Follow these instructions and the annual sales conference will be worth attending for more than just the boozy nights!
Australia’s Corporate Speech Coach