World Class PowerPoint
Posted by Presentation Skills on October 16, 2009
The next time you have to give any sort of presentation using PowerPoint, try this:
1. Decide what your main points will be.
2. Visit http://www.istockphoto.com
3. Search for a picture that conveys your idea. For example, if your main point is about performance, look for a picture that shows performance. This could range anywhere from a picture of Formula 1 racing car through to a couple competing in Ballroom dancing. It all depends on the type of performance you are after.
4. Buy the picture (typically about $2-$5)
5. Make the picture as big as the screen.
6. Place minimal text on the slide.
7. Leave the 1 slide up for the whole time you are speaking about that main point (could 10 minutes!)
I guarantee that your audience will not have seen this type of business presentaiton before, and you will be remembered for it….and after all that is what you want!
What is your opinion on this?
Australia’s Corporate Speech Coach